Wednesday, February 10, 2016

A Letter TO My Dearest Dadaji - Disha



February 10,2016

To my Dearest Ratilal Dada,

Today is very special Day, special because it is the occasion of your 100th birthday and that is bitter
sweet for me. Hope you were with us today Dear Dadaji. There is so much to say to you but
words have always failed, but remembering you today takes me down to those days we spent
together.

You have demonstrated nothing but positivity to me and everyone in our Family.
Effortlessly, you have provided a sense of security and stability for us for our entire life. You
are everything that anyone could ever ask for in a grandfather and more. Grandfathers are
truly awesome. God has certainly blessed our family for giving you, Dadaji  As your
grandchild I am proud and blessed to have this opportunity to stop and reflect on a remarkable man
who I am fortunate enough to have shaped my life and my being with love and guidance. I am also
saddened that you are no longer with us but your absence is always felt in our hearts. I want to tell you
again how much I love you and respect you and Miss you and appreciate everything you’ve done for us.
Dadaji has always played a role of Hero in my Life. He was an amazing man, one that I admire and
appreciate and love. He showed me how to have fun, how to enjoy life, what family means, what
leadership and sacrifice and responsibility and joy means. He have given me the very essence of how I
perceive life and I cannot express how profoundly grateful I am for all that you have done.
I have so many memories of the kindness, and love and fun that he has brought to my life over the
years. Many of the best are the simplest. My fond memories of spending time with him are
something that I cherish now and will forever. Simple, perfect and everlasting.

I wished that I could have tell you this in person - Thank you Dadaji for all of those and many, many
memories and your love. For being my hero. I love you from the bottom of my heart. You are a great
man and I am so fortunate to be your granddaughter.

I miss you Dadaji each day and wish you could have stayed with us a little more and I could have say all
this to you in person.

With love,

DIsha

No comments: